Monday, March 19, 2012

Bird's Nest Cookies




Bird's Nest Cookies- makes 12

Ingredients

  • 11 ounces (one bag) butterscotch chips
  • 2½ cups (10 ounces) chow mein noodles
  • Chocolate candy eggs-I got the Whoppers Mini Robin Eggs because they're so colorful but you can probably use Cadbury chocolate eggs or the M&M eggs as well

Directions

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Pour the butterscotch morsels in a microwave-safe bowl and place them in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds then remove to stir. Return to the microwave and heat in 10 second increments making sure not to burn the butterscotch. Stir until melted. Add in the chow mein noodles, breaking them up just a bit, and mix till combined. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to portion out the cookies onto the baking sheet. If the mixture starts to solidify in the mixing bowl, you can reheat for 10 to 20 seconds to melt again. Place three egg-shaped candies in the center of each cookie. Allow to set for at least 5 minutes before serving or transferring.


Want some variation? Try chocolate chips instead of butterscotch OR add some peep chicks on top!






Sumo's Sweet Stuff








Mixitup
michellepaigeTip Junkie handmade projects















10 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I am listening to all the birds singing outside my window right now :) What a wonderful spring treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are precious! Would you be willing to link these up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle
    http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica- I'm glad you found my blog, your comment makes me want to go for a long walk outside today :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Michelle- Thank you for the kind words, I will link up right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the nests!!! They look yummy! I would love for you to link up at my party going on now at Jillify It!

    I'm a new follower!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too cute! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. Thanks for coming to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill- I linked up, I so appreciate the invitation!

    Lisa, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    Six Sisters- See you next week ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your beautifully photographed bird's nest on tip junkie. I'll be pinning it and hopefully eating it very soon. Your blog is BEAUTIFUL. I love how clean and colorful it is. I just started following you via linky!

    amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmmm..... :)

    Thanks so much for linking up to my Tuesday party at Jillify It! Hope to see you again on Tuesday!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy- You are so sweet! Thank you for the kind words, I am checking out your blog now & getting inspired :)


    Of course, Jill. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. I am sure to read and cherish every single comment left so please don't be shy! If you would like to send me an email instead, you can contact me at liztullo@gmail.com. XO

 
site design by designer blogs