Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bubble Tea Recipe: Make your own at home!


I have tried to make boba, or bubble tea, for close to a year with failure. The issue is that most boba teas contain syrup you can only buy in bulk. The best place to find tapioca pearls in my area is Whole Foods and it is a bit pricey but it is worth it and a little lasts a long way!

To make one serving you will need: 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of tapioca pearls, 1 cup of black tea, a cup of ice cubes, two tablespoons of milk (I add agave nectar).


 In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in 1 teaspoon sugar until it dissolves. Toss in the pearl tapioca. Cook for about 20 minutes. Rinse, drain, and refrigerate until chilled.

Pour tea, milk, and sugar into a cocktail shaker. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and the milk is well mixed in. Add the ice cubes, and shake so the whole drink can get cold. Pour into a glass, and add tapioca. 

Have fun with your own unique creations! Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I love Boba Tea. What kind of tea do you use? And Boba? I use chai tea and some tapioca from the asian market, but could find some better ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, I wish I would have seen this sooner! I used Good Earth's Black Tea since I already had it in my tea collection. The tapioca pearls were from Whole Foods in Ft Collins.

    I looked all over for a good chai tea and finally went to Old Town Spice Shop. Next time you're in town, go check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. I am sure to read and cherish every single comment left so please don't be shy! If you would like to send me an email instead, you can contact me at liztullo@gmail.com. XO

 
site design by designer blogs